• Pajama Day Friday, November 16! Bring $1 and wear your jammies!

• Congratulations to Amelia Atchison, 8th grade, for making All-State Band!

Harry Roberts carves his way to pro!

Harry Roberts, 14 year old skater from Gulf Breeze, ollies the eight stair at the Blue Wahoo's baseball stadium.

Harry Roberts, an eighth grader at Gulf Breeze Middle School, is a highly honored skater of the Gulf Breeze and Pensacola skate community. Harry prefers street skating (focuses on tricks and transitions in urban public places) as opposed to vert skating (ramps and half pipes which focuses on aerobic tricks).

The thing that motivated Harry to start skating was the independence and freedom of it. Roberts stated, “There’s usually coaches in other sports, and skating is a way for me to go independent.” Harry is 14 and has been skating for about three years. Harry, being an amateur skater, strives to become a pro street skater, and with his abilities, he could very easily do it. His talents astronomically exceed the physical limit for many other skaters his age.

Harry Roberts kickflips a kicker ramp at Coastline Chuch’s skate park.

Roberts’ favorite spot to skate is the Wahoos eight- and nine-stair, which is located at the Blue Wahoos stadium in downtown Pensacola. Although his favorite spot is at the Wahoos stadium, he mainly practices and masters tricks at the Waterboyz indoor skate park located on ninth Avenue in Pensacola. One could also find Harry at Coastline Church’s parking lot skate park almost every Tuesday. Harry said his favorite skate park is Metro Skate Plaza. As of now, Roberts is trying to learn nollie big heel flips, and he thinks he is best at front side flips.

Roberts’ first sponsor was Proteus, which is a clothing and skate company. Harry has gained two more sponsors, D.N.A. Skate company, and Malibu skate shop in the short time he has been skating. Harry’s favorite brand to support is Etnies shoes; he also wishes to be sponsored by Etnies someday. The skater Roberts looks up to the most is Chris Joslin, who is a team skater for Plan B.

Harry Roberts wins first place at the 2016 Fall Fest Contest at Gulf Breeze skate park on November 25th. He won a trophy, and a brand new Interlight skateboard with a map of Pensacola on the deck.

Harry competes in many skateboarding competitions, and more recently he competed in his favorite competition: the Fall Fest Contest at Gulf Breeze skate park on November 25th. He took home first place, with a trophy, and a brand new skateboard, at the Fall Fest Contest. When asked what his favorite thing to win from competitions Harry said, “boards, trophies, and shirts are always really fun to win.”

To see some of Harry’s skating clips and pictures follow him on Instagram @harry_skate007