Meredith Pugh represents all GBMS students on council

Meredith prepares for her meetings!

Meredith prepares for her meetings!

Meredith prepares for her meetings!

Meredith prepares for her meetings!

Meredith Pugh, 7th grade, is the student representative for GBMS’s 6th, 7th, and 8th graders on the School Advisory Council (SAC) this year. In the meetings, Meredith gives reports about what the students at GBMS are excited about, such as dances and fundraisers.

Meredith loves her job, especially because she is the only student on the council. She states, “I like that I am the only student, and they look at me like an adult.” Like any person with a this kind of responsibility, she gets nervous giving reports, but never lets it get to her. Mr. Brandon hand-picked her because she would be a great representative for the students.

During Meredith’s after school free time, she loves to play soccer with the Gulf Coast Texans four days a week. On the weekends, she and her team plays in tournaments including the Blue Angel classic, which they won. Meghan Thacker, 7th grade states, “She is a very competitive and skilled player, while also making the team smile!” Meredith also enjoys playing basketball for the Sharks team.

Meredith enjoys participating in the School Advisory Council.

Meredith Pugh is a great representative for GBMS’s students and is always on time. She goes to the meeting Wednesday mornings before the 7:15 bell rings and starts her tasks such as looking at the calendar and starring things the students are excited about. This is Meredith’s first year with her new job and she is willing to do it next year!