The Dolphin Echo

  • Good luck on your upcoming semester exams! Study well!

Filed under Sports

The New Year’s Six Bowls

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






From December 29 through January 8, the New Year’s Six Bowls will be played. These are some of the most-anticipated football games of the year. The bowls are:

  • The Goodyear Cotton Bowl–(8) USC vs. (5) Ohio State
  • The Play Station Fiesta Bowl–(9) Penn State vs. (11) Washington
  • The Capital One Orange Bowl–(10) Miami vs. (6) Wisconsin
  • The Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl–(7) Auburn vs. (12) UCF
  • The Rose Bowl–(3) Georgia vs. (2) Oklahoma
  • The Allstate Sugar Bowl–(4) Alabama vs. (1) Clemson 

The 82nd Cotton Bowl will be on December 29 at 7:30 p.m. at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. This bowl will have (5) Ohio State going up against (8) USC. ESPN predicts that Ohio State will win 76.3% and USC 23.7% chance of winning. Ohio State’s record is 11-2  and so is USC’s. Ohio State played more big teams than USC and won more of them. Ohio State is already initially ranked higher as well.

The Fiesta Bowl is 46 six years old. This bowl will happen on December 30 at 2:00 p.m. in Glendale, Arizona.The PlayStation Fiesta Bowl features (9) Penn State vs. (11) Washington. Penn State is expected to win 53.3% to Washington’s 46.7%  chance.  Penn State is already ranked higher and played larger and better teams than Washington. They have the same record (10-2), and this is expected to be a close game.

This is the 83rd annual Orange Bowl, which began in 1935. The game will be played December 30  at 7:00 p.m. at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida. (10) Miami vs. (6) Wisconsin. Wisconsin is given the edge with a 54.7% chance to beat Miami who has a 45.3% to win. Miami has a record of 10-2 but beat some higher ranked teams. As Wisconsin has an 11-1 record, the game will most likely be close.   

The Peach Bowl has been playing in Atlanta since 1968. (12) UCF vs. (7) Auburn is the game that will be played January 1st at 11:30 a.m. Auburn is projected to win with a 71.9% chance to beat UCF who has a 28.1% chance. Auburn, who is 10-3, is projected to blow out the 12-0 UCF team.  

The Sugar Bowl will host (4) Alabama vs. (1) Clemson on January 1, 2018, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. On the ESPN app, it shows that Alabama is voted 57.9% to 42.1% most likely to win.  Alabama has been given the advantage to beat Clemson. Alabama vs. Clemson is projected to be a pretty close game.

The Rose Bowl is known as one of the best bowls in college football history. This bowl has been going since 1902. Every year, some of the top teams play in this bowl and take it as a great honor. This is the oldest bowl and is called the granddaddy of them all. The College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Rose Bowl Game is presented by Northwestern Mutual and will take place on January 1, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. PST and will feature the Oklahoma Sooners (2) vs. Georgia Bulldogs (3) the chances are 50% to 50%. These are some of the best teams of the year and have played amazingly. They also have the same record 12-1.

These bowl games are the most popular and have been taking place for many years. A lot of memories have been made in these bowl games and many more will come. Overall these bowls are an honor to play in and are fun to watch.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Comment

Comments are closed.

Navigate Right
Navigate Left
  • The New Year’s Six Bowls

    Sports

    What’s it like to play travel soccer?

  • The New Year’s Six Bowls

    Sports

    GBMS Annual Kickball Tournament

  • The New Year’s Six Bowls

    Male Athlete of the Month

    Max Schneidt, Outstanding Athlete

  • The New Year’s Six Bowls

    Sports

    NBA playoffs 2018

  • The New Year’s Six Bowls

    Sports

    Sports Ability Games a huge success

  • The New Year’s Six Bowls

    Sports

    The Wild Warheads kickball team!

  • The New Year’s Six Bowls

    Sports

    March Madness

  • The New Year’s Six Bowls

    Male Athlete of the Month

    Zach Giovanini runs to the finish line

  • The New Year’s Six Bowls

    Sports

    Florida Winter Olympics?

  • The New Year’s Six Bowls

    Sports

    ESE Students Take the Lead in Basketball

The student news site of Gulf Breeze Middle School
The New Year’s Six Bowls