• Mrs. Becky Grace is our non-instructional employee of the year. Congratulations!

• Congratulations to Mrs. Christy Morgan, GBMS Teacher of the Year!

• Yearbooks are now $60! Last day to order at Jostens.com is Feb. 28!

Filed under Movie Review

Upcoming 2018 New Movies

A wave of upcoming popular movies is coming to the big screen soon. Here’s a run-down of some of the most-anticipated new releases.

Solo: A Star Wars Story

The new Star Wars movie, Solo, is about Han Solo, his furry friend Chewbacca, and Lando Calrissian, and traces them all the way back to their origins. The movie is mainly focusing on Han Solo’s past. This movie is expected to be released May 25, 2018.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is a sequel to the 2015 film Jurassic World and is the fifth movie to the Jurassic Park film series. The movie’s expected release date will be June 22, 2018. In this movie, ex-military man Owen Grady encounters terrifying new breeds of gigantic dinosaurs.

The Incredibles 2

June 15, 2018, is the release date for The Incredibles 2. The movie revolves around how Mr. Incredible has to deal with Jack-Jacks rapidly developing super powers. Like every super hero movie, there has to be a villain, and this villain is The Underminer, who will definitely appear at the start of the film. He’s the mole-looking villain shown during the closing scene of the original movie.

Paddington 2

Paddington 2 will come out January 12, 2018. The storyline consists of Paddington the bear looking through an old antique shop searching for the perfect present for his beloved Aunt Lucy’s hundredth birthday, and finds a one of a kind pop-up book. Then Paddington embarks upon a series of odd jobs to buy it. But when the book is stolen, it’s up to Paddington and the Browns to unmask the thief.

Maze Runner: The Death Cure

Maze Runner: The Death Cure will be released January 26, 2018, and is about how Thomas leads some escaped Gladers on their final and most dangerous mission yet. To save their friends, they must break into the legendary Last City, a WCKD-controlled labyrinth that may turn out to be the deadliest maze of all. Anyone who makes it out alive will get answers to the questions that the Gladers have been asking since they arrived in the maze.

Ant-Man and the Wasp

In the aftermath of Captain America: Civil War, Scott Lang grapples with the consequences of his choices as both a superhero and a father. As he struggles to re-balance his home life with his responsibilities as Ant-Man, he’s confronted by Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym with an urgent new mission. Scott must once again put on the suit and learn to fight alongside The Wasp as the team works together to uncover secrets from their past. This movie is expected to come out Friday July 6, 2018.