• Good luck on your upcoming semester exams! Study well!

Filed under News

Coach Clayton’s Great Return!

As many of you know, Coach Mindy Clayton has been out on maternity leave during the first semester, but now, she is here and here to stay!  She gave birth to a new baby girl named Emerson Marie Clayton. Emerson was born on June 16, 2017, and was nine pounds! According to Coach Clayton, “It was very special to be home with my sweet baby for a whole semester!  The newborn days go by so fast and I am so thankful that I was able to be with her during that time and enjoy her so much!” After having Emerson, she now has a total of four kids. Brock, age 12, her twins Brooks and Lilly, age 6, and Emerson who is eight months and one week old. However, now that she is locked into a full workday instead of a very flexible “go with the flow” kind of day her entire daily schedule has changed. One thing Coach Clayton says about coming back to work is that she must get up extremely early. She says she misses the flexibility because, “It made life a little easier managing 4 kids and our household – but I am definitely settling back into school and being here!” Another thing she could do while she was on maternity leave was holding Emerson all the time and going up to her twin’s classes for special events.

This picture was taken on September 1st by Coach Clayton. Emerson was 11 weeks old exactly because she was born on a Friday. This was Emerson’s first home game but not her first football game. She had been to the Choctaw jamboree the week before.

Many students were very surprised when they realized that Coach Clayton would not be back until after Christmas break. Coach Mark Stringfellow said, “It was different without Coach Clayton starting out the school year and I think most of the students looked forward to when she returned.” While many awaited Coach Clayton’s return, one thing affected her family greatly…and that is football season. As many of you know, the GBHS football coach is Bobby Clayton, Coach Clayton’s husband. This makes football season much more eventful for the Claytons than almost any other family in Gulf Breeze. To add even more excitement to this season they had an 11-week-old baby at the beginning of the season! Coach Clayton says, “Football is all we know, it brings a lot of fun to the Fall!”

Coach Clayton’s first day back was on January 8, 2018.  After coming back, Coach Clayton is falling back into the school routine very easily. This is because “Being at school is actually all I have known for almost 17 years,” stated Coach Clayton. Also, now that she is adjusting to being away from home for a full work day and, “away from my sweet baby”, the days are getting easier and easier. One thing that Coach Clayton missed from being a PE teacher was, “ Being outside and enjoying the kids at GBMS!”

1 Comment

One Response to “Coach Clayton’s Great Return!”

1. mia bragg on February 9th, 2018 11:49 am

cool! i’m in band but from what i heard your a great teacher!!!!! welcome back!

• Coach Clayton’s Great Return!

Band

GBMS Symphonic Band compose “Respect The Phin” with professional songwriters

• Coach Clayton’s Great Return!

News

Duke TIP

• Coach Clayton’s Great Return!

News

GBMS bursts with talent!

• Coach Clayton’s Great Return!

News

8th grade wraps up middle school with awards day

• Coach Clayton’s Great Return!

News

Peace Between the Koreas

• Coach Clayton’s Great Return!

News

Tropicana Speech Contest

• Coach Clayton’s Great Return!

News

Designing their way to a parking lot

• Coach Clayton’s Great Return!

News

Celebrating the 68th annual Armed Forces Day

• Coach Clayton’s Great Return!

News

News Flash! Relay For Life Cancelled!

• Coach Clayton’s Great Return!

News

Month of The Military Child Lunch Event

Coach Clayton’s Great Return!