Filed under Features

GBHS Summer Camps

GBHS Summer Camps

Why waste a summer playing Fortnite indoors when it can be spent at a camp at the high school? GBHS is having camps throughout the summer for all ages to make sure this summer is a fun one. 

Sports Camps

GBHS Volleyball Camp

This camp takes place July 16-18. The first session is fundamental skills and it’s for rising boys and girls in grades 3-5 and is at 8:00 am to 10:00 am. The second session is also fundamental skills and is for boys and girls rising to grade 6-8 with rec experience, and incoming freshmen with no volleyball experience. It’s at 10:30 am to 12:30 pm. The third session is for boys and girls that are becoming Freshmen and who are in grades 6-8. To be in this session, you must have at least two years of club experience. It’s at 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm.  

Each session is $65. Checks are to be paid to Gulf Breeze High School. For more information, email [email protected]. 

GBHS Jr. Dolphins Soccer Camp 

This camp is for both boys and girls aged 5-11. It takes place behind the high school. It is June 25-28, 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm (there will be a make-up day if needed.)  Bring cleats and shin guards. The cost is $90 per player and $60 per sibling. (each child needs a separate form filled out.) Checks are payable to GBHS and are to be brought the first night of camp. If registered by June 13, a ball and t-shirt are guaranteed. 

Email [email protected] for any questions. 

GBHS Baseball Summer Team and Camp 

Summer teams- There will be tryout for an A and B summer team for 2018 at the GBHS baseball field. The tryouts are 7:00 p.m. on May 16. This team is for any 2018-2019 high schooler (incoming 9th graders, not incoming 6th, 7th, or 8th graders) Tryouts are free, but if you make a summer team, there is a $100 fee. (Checks should be made out to Gulf Breeze High School Baseball Boosters.) 

Summer Camp- This camp has large and small group instruction in the fundamentals of hitting, pitching, fielding, defense, and base-running. Just like the summer teams, this camp takes place at the GBHS Baseball Field. It’s for any returning players and any 2018-2019 high school players interested in playing baseball. Camp starts June 4 and ends June 28 (3 times a week for 4 weeks on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays).  

For questions or to register, email [email protected] or call at (850)982-5572.

GBHS Boys Lacrosse Camp

This camp is June 18-21. For rising 4th-6th graders, the times are 9:00-11:30 a.m. For rising 7th-9th graders, it’s 6:00-7:30 p.m. The camp takes place at the High School’s practice fields. It’s $135 and includes the camp jersey.

For more information, go to www.dolphinlacrosse.net.

GBHS Softball Camp

This camp is June 18-21 and is at the high school’s softball field. It’s for ages 6-14 and it from 5:00-7:00 p.m. The attire is softball practice clothes and sunscreen. Bring gloves, water, and a bat (if you have your own). Camp instructional days will be Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The Dolphin softball team will play in a double header on Tuesday and all campers will walk out on the field with the high school players and then view the game.

For more information, email [email protected] or call (850)293-2042.

Other Camps

GBHS Drama Camp 

This camp focuses on everything to know about acting: stage combat, stagecraft, improvisation, and more. It’s for grades rising K-9th.Week one focuses on the fundamentals of theatre preforming. It goes from June 11-15. Week two focuses on putting together the fundamentals from week one for the final show. This week is from June 18-22. Both weeks go from 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. and are at the GBHS gym lobby. 

Email [email protected] for more information. 

GBHS Soundwave Band Camp 

Calling all 8th grade band students! The high school is having a “New Member Camp” April 25-27 from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. each day. At this musical and fun-filled camp, the band students will get a taste of high school band by trying out the school’s marching equipment, playing with the high schoolers, and putting on a concert Friday, April 7. 

Email [email protected] for more information 

GBHS JROTC Camp 

This camp is only for boys and girls going into 9th grade and is to prepare students for JROTC class by introducing them to basic drill, customs, and courtesies. It’s from July 31August 2 and is at 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. This camp asks for a $50 donation to cover costs of a polo shirt, PE shirt, and a planner. 

Contact [email protected] if there are any questions or concerns.