• Good luck on your upcoming semester exams! Study well!

Filed under Student Life

Dolphin Day

On March 26, upcoming 6th graders came to GBMS for the annual Dolphin Day. Dolphin Day is where the 5th grade students can see the activities offered for them at GBMS. Several current students at GBMS participate in Dolphin Day. Many of them are in the fashion show. This is where these students model clothes that do and do not fit our dress code. Some students also speak about the clubs here at GBMS. The 5th grade students also get a tour of the school. Mr. Michael Brandon, Mr. Randal Renfroe, Mrs. Tracy Murphy, Mrs. Martha Fricks, and Mrs. Debby Hepworth also give short speeches about their roles at GBMS. 

Zach Giovanini, 7th grade, speaks about the running club at GBMS.

Mr. Brandon states, “We hold Dolphin Day so the upcoming 6th grade can see the activities offered at GBMS.” When asked how this helps the rising middle schoolers, he also states, “They have a better idea of what to expect when they first walk through the doors in the fall.”   

Some students from Gulf Breeze Elementary are excited for their middle school years and others, not so much. When Tyler, 5th grade, student at GBES was asked “How do you feel about going to middle school next year?” His response was, “I don’t really want to go I think it will be a struggle.”

On the other hand, Samuel, a 5th grade student at GBES, stated, “I am excited about trying a new school.”

Tyler also said that he does not think it will be difficult going from class to class because he goes in between two classes already.

Cooper, a GBES 5th grader, is least excited for homework next year. When Cooper was asked “Do you think you will like middle school better?” he stated,“Yes, I think I will have more friends to hang out with.” He also says that Dolphin Day was helpful for him because now he knows how middle school works.

Miyah, 5th grade at GBES, is most excited for band next year. When she was asked, “Do you think it will be difficult going from class to class?” she said that it will hard be because she is not used to switching all day.

Samuel is not excited for the stricter dress code because he says, “I want to wear what I want to wear.”

All in all, Dolphin Day at GBMS is a great way to open the window of middle school just a bit to let the new students know what to expect. We can’t wait to meet you, little Dolphins!

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Dolphin Day”

1. Nick Anderson on May 18th, 2018 12:52 pm

The band is also an important part of the Dolphin Day.

lplayer Reply:

That’s so true!

• Dolphin Day

Student Life

The Design Process of the GBMS Yearbook

• Dolphin Day

Student Life

Options for protecting package delivery

• Dolphin Day

Student Life

Just Shoe It!

• Dolphin Day

Student Life

Jeep Beach Jam 2018!

• Dolphin Day

Student Life

The History of The Selfie

• Dolphin Day

Student Life

NBMSS Camps and Activities

• Dolphin Day

Student Life

Bands on the Beach is good family fun

• Dolphin Day

Student Life

Fun for the Summer

• Dolphin Day

Student Life

Fun Facts About Netflix

• Dolphin Day

Student Life

Zodiac Signs

Dolphin Day