• Pajama Day Friday, November 16! Bring $1 and wear your jammies!

• Congratulations to Amelia Atchison, 8th grade, for making All-State Band!

Filed under Sports

NBA playoffs 2018

The NBA playoffs are currently underway. The first two rounds have already ended leaving the final four teams to duke it out for the championship. In the east there are the Cleveland Cavaliers versus the Boston Celtics and in the west, there are the Houston Rockets vs the Golden State Warriors. The winners of each conference will play in the NBA Finals, a best-of-seven game series.

The Cavaliers and Celtics series started with Boston jumping out with a 2-0 lead the series. “The Celtics have been playing great defense shutting down the Cavalier’s offense,” commented Jack Banks, 7th grade. The Celtics have been holding the Cavaliers under 100 points in both games as the Celtics have scored over 100 points in those games. The Celtics have gotten this early edge in the match-up and will look to try and keep running with this success. The Cavaliers will be looking to make some major adjustments going forward.    

The Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets have also begun their matchup, with Golden State winning game one and Houston winning game two. The Warriors have been to the finals the past three years winning two of those three, so the Warriors are a formidable team to face. The Rockets will have a tough time trying to beat the Warriors and their three all-star super-team of Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, and Klay Thompson, but the Rockets still have a good shot at winning the series with MVP candidate James Harden, and nine-time NBA all-star Chris Paul. The Warriors will be looking to make slight adjustments as they will have homecourt advantage the next two games.   

The winners of each conference (east and west) will play each other in the finals. Last year’s match-up was the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. The Golden State Warriors. The Warriors won the series 4-1 in the best of seven games. This event is huge for many Americans wanting their team to win.