Filed under Student Life

GBHS football games are the place to be!

BLEACHER BUDDIES! Students hanging out on the bleachers. Go Dolphins! Top row from the left to right: Amelia Jacob, Lily Hoffert. Bottom row from left to right: Emmie Giles, Ella Montgomery, Molly Hunt, Ella Kauffman, Pete Snider, and Carter McIlwain

Photo Credit: Lauren Hitchcock

Photo Credit: Lauren Hitchcock

If you like staying up late with your friends, watching football, and eating delicious snacks, then a GBHS football game is the place to be! The games take place in a huge stadium, full of vast crowds of students roaring with school spirit! Kids from the high school, middle school, and even elementary school go there to see their friends and watch some football. GBHS’ home games will take place at the Dolphin Stadium. Maya Leshnov, 7th grade says, “The best part of a Dolphin football game is getting to stay up late and eat candy with my best friends.” 

Hangout spots: 

Before you even arrive, there might be students darting around the stadium finding friends and claiming their favorite hangout spots! There are so many locations for you and your companions to catch up, so don’t be worried if the bleachers are full. One of the most popular hangout spots in the stadium is behind the bleachers! Another common site is right next to the concession stand. There you can chat while waiting to get some mouthwatering snacks! Ivey Johnson, 7th grade, says, “I like to hang out with my friends around the concession stand so we can watch the game while talking and eating.”  

Snacks and treats: 

Running around a football field all night can really get your stomach rumbling! Well, you are in luck because there is a concession stand full of delectable snacks and treats right next to the entrance. The concession stand sells foods like hotdogs, burgers, chicken tenders, and much more! Also, if you happen to have a sweet tooth, they have loads of candy! If you need a cool drink, then there is lemonade to die for! When the nights are hot, a Kona ice truck makes cool shaved ice, and you have any choice of flavors on the menu. When the nights are chilly, delicious hot chocolate can be found at the concession stand. 

Photo Credit: Lauren hitchcock
Cool off with a delicious snow-cone!

School Spirit: 

GBHS’ football team works extremely hard during practices and games to show off our school, so it’s always great to show support by bringing on school spirit! One simple way to show school spirit is by wearing our school colors, blue and gold, to the games. If you are a member of the middle school football team, wear your jersey to the game. If you participate in junior Dolphin cheerleading, then the best way to show school spirit is wearing your cheerleading uniform! Many students of our school paint on their legs in blue and gold or apply glitter to their hair. If none of these work for you, the easiest way to show support is cheering for our high schoolers when they score! Go Dolphins! 

If this sounds like fun, then a GBHS football game is the place for you!