Filed under Student Life

Dolphin Cheerleader for a Day!!

Little+dolphins+at+half-time+getting+ready+to+cheer+on+their+team.+
Little dolphins at half-time getting ready to cheer on their team.

Lainey Keegan

Lainey Keegan

One! We love our Dolphins! Two! A little bit louder! Three! We still can’t hear you! We! Are! Number! ONE! You could be chanting that at one of our dolphin football games. On September 21, at the high school football field during the 7:00 p.m. home game against Washington High School, varsity cheerleaders and little dolphins will cheer together for the high school football players. 

GBHS Cheerleading hosts Dolphin Cheerleader for a Day to encourage young girls and boys to get involved in cheerleading and school spirit. We take pride in representing Gulf Breeze High and we want younger kids to be a part of that as well. We are hoping to spark interest in our program at an early age and encourage all participants to continue cheering and try out in high school.

Students in kindergarten through 8th grade (girls and boys) could sign up. Practices will be held on Monday the 17th and Wednesday the 19th from 4:30-6:00 p.m. Practices will be held in the GBMS multipurpose room. Price is $40 for each participant and $20 for each additional sibling. During the second quarter, little dolphins should sign in at the spirit booth. You may wear a dolphin cheerleader uniform if you currently own one or the cheer program will give you a participant t-shirt. Wear the shirt with athletic shorts and good tennis shoes. Bring your camera as you are invited to take pictures. When the dolphins are done cheering little dolphins can be picked up at the track immediately after the third quarter.

“I think that this event is going to go really well! I am super excited to see all of the younger kids in our community get involved in cheerleading and school spirit. I hope that they all have a great time.” Says Mrs.Djikanovic GBHS varsity cheer coach.

Seventh grader Isabella Mcauliffe is a cheerleader for the GBMS midgets. She got interested in cheer because she has always liked gymnastics and has watched cheer. Isabella is going to go cheer with the varsity cheerleaders. She really wants to base stunts with them. She hopes they shout her favorite cheer: Blue, Gold, and White.  

7th grader Tarah Sharit is also a cheerleader for the GBMS midgets. She has always dreamed of being a cheerleader for the varsity football players. When cheering with the varsity team she really wants to do multiple stunts with them. She hopes to do her favorite cheer called The Dolphins are Here!

On September 21, have your pom-poms ready and go cheer for your own varsity dolphin football players! Everyone will be so happy to see your school spirit shine!