Filed under Sports

Weird Sports

Weird Sports

These two sepak tackraw players are in  a difficult spot to try and hit the ball over the net.

These two sepak tackraw players are in a difficult spot to try and hit the ball over the net.

There are many weird sports in the world. Some are ordinary sports including baseball, and soccer. Several of those sports are unusual sports all around the world known as sepak tackraw and shin kicking.

Although, in the U.S many are familiar with soccer. The goal in soccer is to get the ball in the net with the players feet without using their hands. To protect your shins from injury, you wear shin guards. According to Wikipedia, in Europe there is a sport somewhat similar called shin kicking. And yes, shin kicking is played how it sounds, the goal in this weird sport is to make your opponent fall or give up. To protect their shins, they use something like the soccer shin guard but instead, they stuff straw in their pants.

Another sport that is known around the world is volleyball. Sepak tackraw was originated in Asia. According to Business Insider, sepak takraw is like volleyball, except the players must use their feet to get the ball over the net. It is a difficult sport, the players must extend their leg and jump in midair to get the ball over the net and make the ball touch the ground on the opponent’s side of the court to get a point. The team to 21 points wins the game.

However there are many peculiar sports that are known around only in some certain nations such as sepak tackraw in Asia and shin kicking in Europe. There are also many sports that are known worldwide such as soccer and volleyball. But every sport takes confidence and precision.

Sources:

https://en. wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin-Kicking

https:///www.businessinsider.com/weird-sports-around-the-world-2018-7