Filed under Features

4ocean helps save our oceans and marine life

This 4ocean bracelet helps them afford supplies to clean up our ocean and beaches.

Don’t you love taking walks on the beach? Well let’s say you’re walking on the beach and you go to dip your foot in water and then, gross, you step on something, you toss that gross piece of plastic away then you go a little deeper into the water and ugh! Are you serious? Another piece of trash, and this time it’s a whole bunch of trash. Then you realize the whole ocean is covered in that. Imagine that your home is covered in wrappers, trash, and plastic.

Now that’s how marine animals live every day, but they mistake this trash for food. So often animals die from getting stuck in the trash or choking on the garbage. For years nobody has done anything, and then 4oceans came along and piece by piece they are restoring our beaches. 4ocean is a group of people that save marine life and remove trash from the ocean and beaches. They sell bracelets made from recycled materials so they can have supplies to clean oceans, like gear, to pick up garbage in the ocean, trash nets, etc. There are different ways 4ocean help/clean, there are different bracelets but for the same cause, and different places they clean/recycle.

The world wouldn’t be the same without marine animals. If people keep trashing the oceans they might have to live in a world without marine life. That’s not something many people would enjoy. And maybe 4ocean has a similar vision or inspiration to clean up. They clean up in many ways, and it’s a whole community of hard working people. They have different tools as well they use the 4ocean cleanup kit includes a bag/net, gloves, water bottle, hat and shirt. They also use ocean leaf rake with a mesh bag, an ocean vacuum, gear, etc. Those are normal ocean cleaning tools. They often use more or their own made gear, like the 4ocean cleanup kit. They work seven days a week every week. What they do is take their cleaning supplies and they pick trash up off the beach, then they get into water gear, grab their tools, and go into the ocean and pick up the trash inside the ocean. And while doing this they find marine life that needs help either getting trash out of their home or saving them from being tangled or stuck in plastic. 4oceans does this every day.

So, they have all these supplies, but where does the money come from? Their bracelets, mostly, but they also have their cleanup kit. And by buying one bracelet 4ocean removes one pound of trash from the ocean. There are all different types of different colored bracelets all representing a different animal. There are pink for fish, green for sea turtle, blue for shark, white for polar bear, and more. They also have a new bracelet coming out which is for a manatee. Each bracelet is about $20.00. The bracelets are made of recycled materials that the organization removes from our oceans. The beads are made from glass bottles found, the cord is made from plastic water bottles, and the bracelets just look stunning! Each cleanup kit is $25.00. And each kit removes five pounds of trash from beaches. Once bought, the kit is used to clean whenever you go to the beach. So far, they have removed overall 1 million pounds of trash. So, by buying these items people can help clean the ocean and save marine animals lives.

4ocean doesn’t just clean one beach or one section of the ocean, they move to different places once one beach/ocean is cleaned. The different places they cover are the USA, Canada, Montserrat, Philippines, Norway, Haiti, and the Bahamas. In the USA they have removed 37,312 pounds of trash. In Canada they have removed 851 pounds of trash. In Montserrat they’ve cleaned up 1,102 pounds of trash. In the Bahamas they cleaned 31,173 pounds of garbage. In Haiti they have gotten rid of 15,615 pounds of garbage. In Norway they have helped rid the country of 3,192 pounds of trash. And in the Philippines, they got rid of 3,647 pounds of trash.

All in all, 4ocean is a great cause that removes trash out of the ocean and off the beach, and saves marine life. People can help them out by purchasing one of their products and by doing so can remove one or five pounds of trash. They go and clean all different places and have a ton of supporters. 4ocean has a lot of supporters in general and on social media. Some people help get the word around and others buy their products to help remove trash, and some do both. For more information go follow them on Instagram or twitter at @4ocean, or look them up at 4ocean. The link to their official website is here.