Filed under Band

Band Limo Lunch 2018

Band Limo Lunch 2018

In October, GBMS band students sold multiple items for a band fundraiser. If students sold a certain amount, they got to ride in a limo to Flounders on the beach. On October 26, 2018, the students set off in the limo around lunch time. Ms.Smithey took 83 students along the ride there were so many students that they had to take three limos and each limo took two trips.

Girls sit on the sideline of the volleyball court. They enjoy watching as their friends play and goof around with the volleyball.

For his third year in a row, Christopher Viglione, 8th grade, was first place selling 114 items. He made about $2,000 total and in profit he made about $1,000 for the band. This year he gave a little insight on his winning secret. The most important thing when students are selling is to only go to people they know such as, neighbors, parents, teachers etc.  He stated, “You ask people that are close to you, like teachers then move to neighbors and parents and their friends.” When he asked his teachers, he only asked the ones he had classes with because he didn’t want to steal the 6th and 8th grade teachers.  

Christopher and his winnings of the 2018 fundraiser.

On October 26, Christopher and other band members set off in the limo to Flounders. He sat in the back and controlled the radio on the way there. He said, “Everybody was all fired up and excited.” They got there, ordered their food, ate then went and played on the beach. Christopher’s favorite thing was playing volleyball. Most of the band students played volleyball some even brought their own volleyball. On their way home no one was tired they were all fired up but sandy. Ms. Smithey’s favorite part was “watching the kids play and have fun together.” 

On October 26, 2018, the students brought multiple items to play on the beach, including a volleyball so students could play while they waited on their food.

All in all, the band members had a great time and it was a great trip. Next year’s will be even better.

1 Comment

One Response to “Band Limo Lunch 2018”

1. Mrs. Smithey on December 3rd, 2018 9:45 pm

Great article!!! This was a really fun day!

• Band Limo Lunch 2018

Band

Symphonic Band and Sound Wave march again!

• Band Limo Lunch 2018

Band

Songwriters make a splash with the GBMS Symphonic Band!

• Band Limo Lunch 2018

Band

GBMS students audition for All State Band

• Band Limo Lunch 2018

Band

GBMS Band focuses on fundraising

• Band Limo Lunch 2018

Band

GBMS Symphonic Band compose “Respect The Phin” with professional songwriters

• Band Limo Lunch 2018

Band

Band’s Spring Concert a joy for all

• Band Limo Lunch 2018

Band

Solo and Ensemble

• Band Limo Lunch 2018

Band

GBMS Band does it again!

• Band Limo Lunch 2018

Band

Adrienne Flowers Achieves Success at All-State Band

• Band Limo Lunch 2018

Band

All County Band was an all-around success

Band Limo Lunch 2018