Filed under Sports

Fantasy Football 2018

Fantasy Football 2018

This is the amazing logo of fantasy football.

The crowd roars your last player is lined up to score and your down by 5 points and then he makes the game winning touchdown! Fantasy football is a competition in which the people select football players from the National Football League (NFL) to their imaginary team. It is based on how the players perform, if the players do good, they get you points. If the players do bad, you do not earn points. The team with most points wins. You play a different team every week to see how your team does. But it all starts before the football season even begins. In a fantasy football draft, all the participants get together to pick their players for the season. The fantasy footballers pick 18 players to be on their roster. They pick 2 Quarterbacks (QB), 2-5 Running backs (RB), 2 Kickers (K), 2 Defenses (D), 2-5 Wide receivers (WR), 2 tide ends (TE), and 1 flex player that can be a (TE), (WR), or (RB). In all the (QB) score the most points followed by the (RB). Every week you start a lineup against someone in your league. A league has an even amount of people that play against each other to get into the playoffs to go to the championship.

Chase Herring, 7th Grade, has been playing for four years. Some of his players are Patrick Mahomes (QB), LeSean McCoy (RB), DeAndre Hopkins (WR), Graham Gano (K), and the Pittsburgh Steelers defense. Chase says, “My favorite part about fantasy football is winning.” Also, he likes the quarterback position because they score the most. He states, “My  league is hard because most of the players are experienced.”

Gavin Howard, 7th Grade, said “My favorite part of fantasy football is the draft.” He also said his league is hard, but he has the easier bracket with a chance to make it to the playoffs. Some of his players are James Connor, Jared Goff (QB), Isaiah Crowell (RB), Danny Amendola (WR), Zach Ertz (TE), Dan Baily (K), and Cincinnati Bengals (D). His favorite position is also quarterback because they score the most points.

Braeden Murawski, 7th Grade, is a four-year fantasy player. He states, “My favorite position is (RB) because they score many points.” “I also enjoy planning and picking the right players for the draft.” Some of his players are Philip Rivers (QB), Ezekiel Elliott (RB), Juju Smith-Schuster (WR), Travis Kelce (TE), Brandon McManus (K), and Baltimore Ravens (D). He is expecting to go to the playoffs.

Fantasy Football is a great way to bring friends together and to meet new people.