Faculty Wins Again!

Faculty Wins Again!

8th grade student players watch intently as the game unfolds.

This year, Gulf Breeze Middle School hosted a student- faculty basketball game again. We also hosted a pajama day. With the money from each special event we donated to Hurricane Michael victims who have suffered through the hurricane.

The student-faculty basketball game was held on November 16, 2018, the Friday before Thanksgiving break. Each student who wanted to play in the game or cheer paid $10, with the proceeds going to Hurricane Michael relief. The whole middle school walked to the high school’s gym and watched all 3 games. 8th, 7th, and 6th grade teams all took on the faculty to try to beat them for the first time. However, the faculty team won all three games! Check out the video below for the game-ending shot of the 8th grade game.

Mrs. Cobb was the sports announcer for this game and announced all the scores and major plays. Some students and teachers dressed in cheerleading uniforms and cheered for each side. “The best part was getting the crowd pumped up,” says Ashlyn DeVries, who cheered for the students in the basketball game. The teacher cheerleaders had signs and the students did incredible stunts.

Pajama day was held the same day. Each student who showed up in pajamas had to pay $1 each. Some students showed up in Christmas pajamas!

Overall, the game was very fun and a great way to start off fall break. The best part is that all the money went to a good cause. Of course, the faculty is thrilled to remain undefeated!