Filed under News

GBMS Reading Café is the new craze

GBMS Reading Café is the new craze

The Reading Cafe breakfast cart is open for business for a coffee-house setting.

When students need to finish their R.C. book or homework, they can cozy up with breakfast in Ms. Heather Barona’s Reading Café in room 125. Recently, Ms. Barona went to a reading workshop and met a teacher from Woodlawn Beach Middle School who started a reading café which has continued for three years. “The reason I’m starting the café is I think it would be fun to promote reading, book clubs, and more,” says Ms. Barona.

GOOD MORNING, BOOKS! Students are warm and cozy with a book at the new reading cafe.

Ms. Barona wanted to make the café a reading environment kind of like Starbucks. In fact, there is a cafeteria cart parked right outside the Reading Café’s door so students can purchase healthy items to eat or drink while inside. Students can bring any book they want to read. Ms. Barona also subscribed to magazine articles with over 30 different titles. She is waiting on those magazines to come in.

Ms. Barona got help starting the Reading Café from Ms. Tracy Murphy (assistant principal), Gulf Breeze Will Do, and the GBMS PTO, which offered Ms. Barona $300 to start the project. Ms. Murphy helped get together everything and Gulf Breeze Will Do gave another grant of $1900.

Ms. Barona plans on the GBMS Reading Café to be open for multiple years. The café will be open on Wednesday mornings through Christmas. When students get back from break, the café will be open on Mondays and Wednesdays. If the café gets popular, in May, she will try Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but for right now it is a trial.

So, students can cuddle up and have fun with their favorite book or homework in the new GBMS Reading Café.

READY TO WORK–Before school, students start homework at the new cafe tables in Ms. Barona’s classroom.

1 Comment

One Response to “GBMS Reading Café is the new craze”

1. Mrs. Smithey on December 17th, 2018 9:34 pm

Love this idea!! The couches and chairs are comfy and the atmosphere is cool!!

• GBMS Reading Café is the new craze

News

GBMS Super Spellers

• GBMS Reading Café is the new craze

News

Faculty Wins Again!

• GBMS Reading Café is the new craze

News

The National Geographic Bee is back!

• GBMS Reading Café is the new craze

News

Toys For Tots collecting through Friday at GBMS

• GBMS Reading Café is the new craze

News

The Breeze Battles for Box Tops

• GBMS Reading Café is the new craze

News

Tutor-tastic NJHS

• GBMS Reading Café is the new craze

News

Spooky STEAM Day!

• GBMS Reading Café is the new craze

News

Halloween Fun Pictures

• GBMS Reading Café is the new craze

News

More Clubs at GBMS!

• GBMS Reading Café is the new craze

News

Got talent? Show it off for a good cause!

GBMS Reading Café is the new craze