Mr. Ware becomes a new teacher

Mr. Ware becomes a new teacher

Click! This is the sound the keyboard makes as Mr. Ware is preparing to teach an amazing lesson.

Many students at GBMS know Mr. Ware as a sub, but what they might not know  is that one of GBMS’ former most reoccurring subs just became a full time teacher here at GBMS. 

It was easy for him to decide where and which subject he  was going to teach. Mr. Ware has always had a love of science, as it was one of his favorite subjects in school. According to him, his classroom now was his 6th grade 1st period class when he went to school here. As for which school to choose, that also came easily. He says, “The students, faculty and staff at GBMS are all terrific. I live close to campus, and both my daughters have gone to Gulf Breeze schools, so GBMS is the place to be.”  

When asked if he will miss subbing, he responded, “There are things I will miss about subbing. I like science, but I also like other subjects as well, so it was neat teaching a variety, even if it was just for a day or two. I will also miss teaching the same students each year at each grade level, that was fun. They show up after 5th grade graduation and before long, it’s off to high school!” He has never been a full- time teacher and he started subbing in August 2015 for Mrs. Gilbreath and in his words, “for some reason, she asked me back.”  

Dara Stokes, who has Mr. Ware for 3rd period, said this about her new science teacher, “He is really nice and he helps us when we need it.” And it seems that many of her fellow students agree. Mia Gary (4th period) says that Mr. Ware is a good teacher because he manages to get them to study even if they don’t want to, which helps her class. As far as the differences between their last science teacher, Mrs. Bryars and Mr. Ware, she says Mr. Ware is a “bit louder,” and Noah Blanchard (2nd period) agrees, saying that the two have very different teaching style, and that Mr. Ware is a good teacher because he, “is funny and… he makes funny jokes,” and “Makes it fun when going over things.”    

All in all, GBMS is proud to be able to say Mr. Ware is a member of the GBMS staff team.