Students love to dance!

PARTY+ON-+Kids+are+getting+it+down+and+are+having+fun+at+the+dance.+During+all+the+fun+Mr.+Spect+gets+the+crowd+moving.+Kelanie%2C+8th+grade+said+%22I+had+fun+doing+the+Macarana%22+

Students love to dance!

PARTY ON- Kids are getting it down and are having fun at the dance. During all the fun Mr. Spect gets the crowd moving. Kelanie, 8th grade said

PARTY ON- Kids are getting it down and are having fun at the dance. During all the fun Mr. Spect gets the crowd moving. Kelanie, 8th grade said "I had fun doing the Macarana"

On Friday, the 8th of February, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. the Valentine’s Dance took place. Students walked into a small crowd in GBMS’s cafeteria, feeling excited, as the party sprang into action with colors and lights blinding everyone in the room.  In this crowd of students was Blake McKinney, 8th grade, and Madeleine Vanfleteren, also in 8th grade, who both walked in not expecting to end up being the King and Queen of the dance by the end of the night.  

It was a scene of, “purple, pink, and red,” as Blake says. Fun was overflowing as music blasted from the DJ table.  

Madeleine says that the DJ played songs such as “Macarana” by Los Del Rio, and “Electric slide” by Marcie GriffithsThey also played a few slow songs for the cute couples to dance awkwardly to in front of their friends. However, most music played was happy and upbeat.

THE MACARENA KING – (Right) Emery Hazel, Alfered Garza, Tristan Stokes, Blake McKinney, Wade Arnold, Phoenix D’Alemberte, and Andrew Isztok (Left) all in 8th grade. Blake McKinney the king of the valentines dance takes a picture with his friends who are all doing the Macarana. Blake states that the only thing he did the whole time was “The Macarena.”

The King 

As stated beforehand, Blake McKinney became king of the dance, though he did not see it coming at all! He went to the dance just to have fun, not dominate as king. His friends all voted for him as a joke, but even though they did he still did not think he’d win. Blake said, “I won, it was funny.” For most of the time he just danced to “The Macarena.” Many students who went noticed this and thought it was funny. McKinney describes his experience at the dance as “really fun.” 

The Queen 

QUEEN BEE – Madeleine Vanfleteren, Elana Yoho , Christa Darmofal, Alexia Barnes, and photo bomb by Dylan Cater all came to have fun at the dance. Madeleine was named queen while at the dance. She says, “I was actually surprised. I didn’t think anyone would vote for me.”

Madeleine Vanfleteren was the queen. She came in happy and jumping around with her friends. Just like Blake, she was not expecting a title. She went to the dance because she had never gone to a middle school dance before and wanted to go before middle school ended. She says, “At first there wasn’t a lot of people, but then friends came. It was really fun, I liked it.” After being named queen, Madeleine felt a rush of surprise. “I didn’t think anyone would vote for me,” says Vanfleteren. She was grateful for her friends supporting her. 

The Students 

Even though not everyone got to be crowned King or Queen, students who came still had a blast. Ava Wysoczynski, 7th grade, said that the dance was a blast. She wanted to go the dance to hang out with her friends. 

Christopher Viglione, 8th grade, was excited to hang out with his friends. He came because he did not go last year, and all his friends were coming to the dance. Christopher said, “Overall it was great, there was good food, good music…and fun people like my friends.” The food served was Valentines themed cookies and pizza. Water also came with the food. To get the meal, you had to buy the $10 ticket. In order to just come and dance, you had to buy the $5 ticket.  

Mr. Kevin Specht, who teaches computer and PE, says that Builders Club will decide which charity the money raised will go to. He says that it will probably go to a charity for children.