GBMS students explore the Fine Arts

GBMS+students

GBMS students explore the Fine Arts

GBMS students

GBMS students

GBMS students

GBMS students

Fine Arts Day is a whole morning at Gulf Breeze High School dedicated to highlighting art electives for upcoming students. On Friday, February 8, GBMS 8th graders gathered in the auditorium of GBHS to learn about the many elective options you can take in 9th grade. GBHS offers a handful of art electives concluding band, art, improv, ROTC, color guard, dance team, and cheerleading. Each of these electives are used to express yourself artistically.

GBHS ROTC students

Students started the event by walking the hallways to observe exceptional art created by GBHS students themselves. Afterwards, everyone sat in the stands of the auditorium and watched the high schoolers perform a summary of each elective. The students seemed to enjoy the performance as well. Having an artistic talent can lead to students having more to put on their college applications, to make them stand out, which could be a reason of joining one of those electives. 

Many students enjoyed this day including Ava Matherne and Jake Willis. Ava said, “The most interesting thing to me was the color guard that threw things in the air, because it takes a lot of coordination.” She also said that, “arts day was important because it helps students going into high school embrace themselves.”

Jake stated that if he had to do any arts elective, he would choose band, because he thinks it would be cool to play big drums. Jake also stated, “Fine arts day is important because it can show kids what activities or extracurricular they might be interested in that they can enjoy them at school and in their free time.” 

Fine arts day is a great way for soon-to-be freshmen to have a look at all their options for electives and to maybe pick up a new hobby or skill.  

GBHS drama club