Filed under Movie Review

The Passage Show Review

The show's official cover, featuring Saniyya Sidney (Amy Belefonte) and Mark-Paul Gosselaar (The Agent, Brad Wolgast)

The Passage is a TV-14 show based on the book series written by author Justin Cronin. The Passage first aired on January 14, 2019, on Fox. The show takes place when a secret medical facility creates a dangerous virus in hopes to cure all disease, but things take a more terrifying turn. The people that were injected with the disease have a new appetite, and it isn’t that pretty. In hopes of a better future, Project Noah created vampires that aren’t only thirsty for blood, but for world domination. 

After multiple attempts with adults, the leaders of Project Noah decide to inject a child, one that nobody would notice was gone. Amy Belefonte, played by Saniyya Sidney, is an orphan with nobody to take care of her. After many exciting events, Amy is finally injected with the virus. The very first test subject, Fanning, played by Jamie McShane, devises a plan to escape along with the rest of his new “family,” the other subjects. Amy may be the only person who is able to stop them.  

This show only has one season with 10 episodes. For a majority of the time, I was hooked by the twists and turns. I was on the edge of my seat! But, in the end, I found myself disappointed in the abrupt ending of the show. It was very rushed and there was little explanation of what happened, and the season was over all too short. There is no heads up on whether The Passage will continue into a second season, but I would like for th

em to continue the show in hopes of them explaining the ending and going more into detail the events of the show. The actors portrayed their characters spot-on, and made me feel like everything they were saying was really happening. Overall, I give The Passage an 8/10star rating.